Thursday 4 March 2021

Maths at home!

 
How many bottles of spice and herbs does this rack hold?
How many on each shelf?
Can you write a multiplication sum?
Do you notice anything about the order?



Bobby eats a tin of dog food every day. How many does he eat in a week?
How many will he eat in March?
Dog food costs €0.60 per tin. How much will it cost for a week?


i bought 2 bags of sunflower hearts.
It costs €24 per bag.
How much did I pay?
A bag of sugar weighs a kilo. How many bags of sugar would be needed to balance this bag?

I love coffee! How many stickers do I need to collect to get a free coffee?
Coffee in Mc Donalds costs €2. How much do I pay before I get a free coffee?

How many eggs do you think are in this basket?
Eggs come in boxes of 6. I usually buy 2 boxes at a time. How many eggs is that?
Do  you know another name for that umber?
I pay €3.50 for 6 eggs. How much for 2 boxes? what change will I get from €10? 

How many strings on my cello?
There are 6 cellists in the orchestra. How many cello strings is that?
I need new strings. They cost €50 each. How much for a new set?

How many strings on my guitar?
I ordered a new set of strings this morning. They will take 10 days to arrive in the post. When will I get them?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment